Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simple auto email sender program

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Mar 4, 2004
ID
Hello guys,
I am not so familiar with VBA, but really need help to create a small program to send email as the following idea:
1. program will be checking a certain folder, whether there is/are files in it.
2. if there is/are files in that folder, program will automatically include them as email's attachments and send to certain recipient.
3. after finish sending, the program will delete all the files in the folder.
4. back to no. 1
Please help me to do this, appreciate every single reply.
Antony

And what have you tried so far ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

PHV:
Thanks for the reply.
What I have done is making a small program (auto generator program) to process a database and prepare the files/attachment in the folder and it works.
Unfortunately, I use the clipper language to make it, so I think clipper does not have the ability to create auto sender program as what I need.
Now I start from scratch to create auto sender program with VBA, but so far I have no much idea to do that...
Rgds, Antony

please have a search of the archives in this forum and also have a look on Google to obtain an idea about how to do this.
Then try something
Post back with what doesn't work

You are far more likely to get help with specific issues rather than asking for general help about an entire program

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back