Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple ADO Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

catdesign

Programmer
Jul 19, 2000
GB
Am I right in thinking that just converting one's Access Application from 97 to 2002 is not enough to take advantage of single record locking (even if database is set to single record locking) and that you have to use ADO with "locking mode" set to "row mode"?

i.e. My exitsing DAO connections will still lock a page at a time.

in ADO you can specify the lock type of your recordset. I am not sure if your binding your data or using all code.

if your using code post your recordset code

Its more hyperthetical than a particular problem.

One of the advantages (I thought) of going to Access XP was to use single record locking rather than page locking so that there would be less conflicts.

All my Access applications primarily use code to manipulate records and trap the usual lock errors and reverse transactions etc if no escape!!

What I wanted to know was.... if we are talking about code based recordset activity, does the fact that our old code is still basically DAO mean that even with Access XP we are not getting any record level locking unless we change to ADO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back