Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple ActiveX question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog

Programmer
May 30, 2001
US
I'm trying to run a file compression activex utility (ActiveZipper Pro). I feel comfortable with coding the activex properties necessary to do what I want but here is my silly question..

How do I run the control? i.e. If I wanted to write code to run the common dialog box activex control I can do so with

acxCmnDialog.ShowOpen

where "acxCmdDialog" is my activex control name
but how do I run my ActiveZipper Pro control (how do I get it to compress the files I have indicated in my sourcefile property.)

I'm sure this is elementary but I'm just getting into this stuff & couldn't find anything on the web site where I downloaded the control.

Thanks!

I don't know anything about this ActiveZipper Pro control, but it's a sure thing that the answer lies in the documentation. The control must provide either a property or a method that kicks off the processing. But what that property or method is called, is anybody's guess.

Did the control come with a Help file? If so, I'd look there. If not, maybe you'd better contact the software vendor with your question. Rick Sprague

Hi!

Write codes (maybe procedure) and place these (or procedure's call string) after your string

acxCmnDialog.ShowOpen

These codes would be called procedure what make e.g. file packing... Simply way is Shell() function use.

Aivars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back