Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simphony 86 List Sim/ISL Script?

Joseph.H

Technical User
Sep 6, 2018
US
Hello Everyone!

I'm converting a customer from RES over to SImphony 2 (v.19.7). They currently have a sim script that has two basic functions.
Function 1 - calls on the DB, then allows you to change an item's availability. Permission based for managers only.
Function 2 - Prints a check chit for the servers that lists all the 86'd items.

Does anyone have anything similar that works for Simphony 2?
I don't believe this is a deal breaker or "end of the world" type problem, but it would be nice to have. Plus i've had other clients ask for the same in the past, but we've always just said we didn't have an option in Simp2.

Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Have a great day!

Which version of res? I had to modify that script to work with 5.7 that we use. Added a few other custom things as well.

As for symphony 2, I'd be interested in that script too. Someday we will have to swap, but I'd like to check out the differences beforehand.

They're currently using RES 5.5 MR3. If you want I can send you their current sim to poke around in

Sure. I can shoot my copy over to you as well if you want to look it over. We swapped it to have 3 functions (MI Availability w Price adj, Mi availability w/O Price, Print 86 list) , and split some of the internal functions(Print 86 list became print 86 & print count) apart.

I also have an Item Finder Sim (select an onscreen MI that was rang in, hit the sim & it will tell you MI #, family group, etc) and a liquor doubling sim (our drinks our various rates and follow different rules on different pricepoints, so this keeps the staff from having to do math).

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back