Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simphony 2 Extensibility Show/Display Returned Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken730

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2016
US
Any suggestions/Examples on how to present/display returned data for the user to choose from?
I didn't see any window information in the documentation. With ISl there is a window command. Is it best to use windows forms?

Thanks!

Yes a custom returned data screen that allows input.
trying to do something like this sim I use.

I was able to load a winform and display data, but it is kind of clumsy passing data between the form and the class.

In SIM i would use Window or ListDisplay to display data and capture the keypress, but i do not see those options/commands in Extensibility.

Thanks for the reply. What I am working on is a rewards program that I had originally wrote in SIM for the 9700 that uses an old school Dll to do SQL statements and present the data back to the employee in a window. In a nut shell, an employee can either swipe a rewards card or look up the customer via phone or name then it presents a list of rewards (discounts) that the employee can apply to the open check. I have most of it figured out, however I was wondering what's the best way to create an input window to present this data back to the employee. It could be SIM is a better option. Not sure.

On a side note, do you do consulting work? Not looking to have to write it, just consult when it comes to questions like this.
Z
Thanks

Ok
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back