Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simphony 2.7xx Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH Morel

Technical User
Sep 20, 2016
US
Hello,

Long time lurker of the forums, have helped me out immensely in the past. I am an avid RES 3700 programmer but working with Simphony 2.x at a new site. I was hoping someone on the forums could assist with a few things that i am having a hard time with Simphony.

1. Is it possible to show timestamps on the check view after ordering items much like RES 3700? If not in the system setup, is there a way to modify this in the SQL database?

2. Are there any available resources for SIMs for Simphony 2.xx. Looking specifically for a Multi CC Sim like 3700.

3. Is there a way to not have menu item counts reset overnight? There currently does not seem to be an option.

4. Is there a way to have a one-touch sign in key in Simphony 2.x?

5. We cannot get the Guest Check ID to print on order chits. There seems to be no way to select or unselect this. On the other side we would like to eliminate printing the Guest check ID from customer receipts in specific revenue centers from the

Thank you for all of your help in advance.

Hey CH Morel,

I am just getting into Simphony as well. I've noted these and looking around. I have a Sample DB of Simphony v2.8.2 built. I am hoping someone can help out sooner, but if anything I will check back in a few days. I come from Micros 9700 and am well versed in it. Just wanted to give a heads up so you know I looked at this post and I am looking into it as well, as it will help me.

Hi CH Morel,
I try to answer the questions below. I hope it helps.

1. Is it possible to show timestamps on the check view after ordering items much like RES 3700? If not in the system setup, is there a way to modify this in the SQL database?
* If you mean on the printed check you should enable Options 14 to Format Parameters.
1_ojbeqb.jpg

* If you mean on the check screen the same options should be enable.
* If you mean open check SLU screen, you should use "Micros default Check Slu Buttonstyle" on Check SLU button style.

2. Are there any available resources for SIMs for Simphony 2.xx. Looking specifically for a Multi CC Sim like 3700.
* Can you explain to multi cc?

3. Is there a way to not have menu item counts reset overnight? There currently does not seem to be an option.
* Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

4. Is there a way to have a one-touch sign in key in Simphony 2.x?
*Yes it's possible. You can set a sign in button on Sign In screen and you can set opacity 0.
2_fgkqzw.jpg

3_bt5b46.jpg

5. We cannot get the Guest Check ID to print on order chits. There seems to be no way to select or unselect this. On the other side we would like to eliminate printing the Guest check ID from customer receipts in specific revenue centers from the
* If you use Guest Check ID Simphony standart function button, it's writing guest check info line column in the Database and you can not print this data with out use Loyalty. You need to use extension application codes and inq button on screen. After that you can print this data on order chits.
4_xkfwoi.jpg

For example ;
event inq : 1
var cust_info :A24
var field_name :A24
field_name = "Customer Name "
window 8, 40
clearchkinfo
display 1, 2, field_name
displayinput 1, 10, cust_info , "Please Entery ", field_name
windowedit
savechkinfo cust_info