Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Similar to table usage screen, but the other way around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBresnan

Technical User
Jun 23, 2010
US
I'm trying to find in which table the information from the Cash Receipts Zoom screen is stored. I am able to find what screens a particular table is used by, but not the other way around. Is there a resource anywhere in GP (or outside) that does this?

I actually found a way to lookup tables by their window. if you open the window you are curious about, and click Tools->Integrate->Table Import, and you get a list of tables used in that screen. However, i'm having trouble finding which table contains which field. specifically Payment Method. I can't find what that translates to in the table.

Are you asking about receivables cash receipt types? From
CSHRCTYP – Cash Receipt Type in RM20101 and RM30101:
0 – Check
1 – Cash
2 – Credit Card

If that's not what you're looking for, can you please specify the table and field?

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2012
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

That is exactly what i was looking for in this instance, but i was hoping there was some tool out there that i could use going forward. I also need to find the table where the address ID selected for a receipt is stored. I'm trying to modify the Purchasing Invoice Edit List report to include the address information, however, the only address field i can find in the tables in that report is "Vendor Address Code-Remit to" which isn't the same field. (I'm assuming it's just the Remit To: default address id for that vendor?)

There are a number of different ways to search for this kind of information. Probably the top 3 that I use are:
- The Support Debugging Tool (- The Tools | Resource Descriptions | Tables option that you already saw
- The GP SDK

I try to add a lot of the information that I routinely use for creating reports on my blog, so that a lot of the typical questions like this can be looked up there, as well. This is probably a good start: it also lists some additional online resources.

For your invoice address question - the Remit-To Address ID will default from what is set up for the vendor in PM00200, but can be changed prior to posting on any invoice. You can link from that to the ADRSCODE in PM00300 to get the actual address. If that's not what you're looking for, please write back with more details.

Victoria Yudin
blog:

Are you saying the Address ID - Remit To can be overwritten? I used that and linked to the address master (PM00300) and got a different address ID than is in the inquiry screen, which i assume ties to what was entered on the voucher. for this particular vendor, we have a different address ID for the remit to default, than we do the purchasing default. the report brings up the remit to default, and the inquiry screen shows the Purchasing default.

Thanks for all your help by the way!

In theory, any address can be changed prior to posting a transaction and any address associated with an address ID can be changed at any time. For example - Vendor A has 3 addresses with ID's ADD-A, ADD-B and ADD-C. You can have 1000 historical transactions using ADD-A going back 10 years, but today you can go in and change the address for ADD-A to be something completely different. Any transactions that do not explicitly store the entire address (ie, they only store the address ID), would now have no way of showing the old address - they would only show the new address associated with address ADD-A.

Payables transactions fall into this category, they do not store the entire address. For an example, take a look at tables PM20000 (open payables transactions) and PM30200 (historical payables transactions) - they only store address ID's, not the full address. Because of this, I usually recommend that for any new addresses a new address ID is created, only small changes like fixing spelling or correcting something should be done for an existing address ID.

For your specific questions, can you walk me through how you are getting to the 'inquiry screen' and let me know what the exact name of that screen is? I just want to make sure we're talking about the same data.

Victoria Yudin
blog:

By "inquiry screen" I'm talking about the Purchasing Invoice Inquiry Screen, the report i'm trying to modify is the POP Receivings Posting Journal. The address code shown in the inquiry screen, doesn't seem to match the Address ID-Remit To field, which is the only option in the Purchasing Receipt Work table (in the report). I realize the storing the ID issue, my problem is that the ID that is stored in those two fields, doesn't match up.

I am checking this in my GP 2010 (should not be different in prior versions, but just in case). The Purchasing Receipt Work Table is PM10300, the Remit to address ID in stored in field VADCDTRO in that table. (The technical name of that field is 'Vendor Address Code - Remit To'.) I have checked a few records in our data and it all matches up. Are you saying that in your data what is stored in SQL in PM10300.VADCDTRO is not what is showing on the screen for the same POP receipt number?

If you're checking historical data, there are other considerations, so I just want to make sure we're looking at the same tables.

Victoria Yudin
blog:

Unfortunately, i don't have access to the SQL tables, but when i add the PM10300.VADCDTRO field to the report i mentioned above, i get different data than what i see in the inquiry screen.

I would ask if someone can confirm what's in the SQL tables for you - to make sure you're actually returning the data that is in the tables. It may be simply a Report Writer setting or choice issue...unfortunately, I cannot help much with that, as I avoid Report Writer if at all possible.

Victoria Yudin
blog:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back