Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simfrac text style with Mtext

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpetursson

Programmer
Jan 28, 2002
US
I'm want to use text simfrac.shx in my drawing, and i want to use mtext (the default to go with leaders)
But in the mtext editor window it says the font name is "Proxy 1:simfrac".
When I copy the text object it replace the font with tahoma.

I'm running AutoCAD 2002 on windows 2000.

thanks for any help!

Kevin Petursson

I have a mind like a steel trap!
Nothing gets in,
Nothing gets out!
Just waiting for it to rust!

Hi Kevin,

Sorry I don't have a better solution for you but here goes...

You might take a text editor (or find a font decompiler) and compare the file with something like Romans.shx (shp) to see if they are the same flavor or not - it almost sounds like simfrac.shx is part of an AutoCAD addon (arx) routine that is missing.

The other thing to try is to set your fontalt variable to nothing and see if you can get AutoCAD to generate a more meaningfull error message - hopefully something that you will just need to either repath, reload or something along those lines.

Sorry if that no help!
Todd

I was doing some looking. I think AutoCAD mtext uses TTF fonts, while dtext used the AutoCAD SHX fonts. I think the simpfrac font is only avaliable in the SHX flavour.

Oh well I guess I just use dtext, no big deal!

Kevin Petursson

I have a mind like a steel trap!
Nothing gets in,
Nothing gets out!
Just waiting for it to rust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back