Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simetric Handles

Status
Not open for further replies.

valterduarte

Technical User
Nov 25, 2005
PT
Hello!

I am drawing a heart on illustrator and have already made it look nice.

Now I want the heart to be 100% simetric and for that I would like to know how to make the handles direction and lenght simetric to each other?

Please see picture in attachment.

What about if I wanted to have parallel handles?

Thank you!
Valter

...work with half the heart, when you have one half as you need then duplicate the path, then flip horizontally using the transform palette...

...then you can join the two paths to make it one shape by selecting the top middle anchor points and pressing "command + J"...

...same with the bottom anchor points...

andrew

============
============

...to add to my post above...

...to duplicate a path in position, select path and press "command + C" then "command + F", this will paste in front...

...before you flip the duplicated path horizontally (transform palette flyout menu), change the proxy preview in the transform palette to the left or right points (depends which way you are flipping)...

andrew

============
============

That's how to do anything symmetric; just do half and then copy/paste in front & mirror.
-E

'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back