Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIM Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moregelen

Programmer
Sep 10, 2012
US
When using a SIM to print, the chr(0) should print a NUL ASCII character. This character is being stripped out by print system. Anyone know of a way to send a NUL character?

Hi!

I had an elusive bug once that is worth mentioning in this context: I used the hyperterminal log function to capture binary 16-bit data sent as two consecutive bytes (i.e. receiving, not sending) Once in a while the data was messed up completely.... When sending a NULL (ASCII charachter 0) to hyperterminal and other terminal programs, it just don't show up anywhere! I figured it's best to use text only.

BTW, anyone know the reason for this?

Cheers!!!

Magneto800
IWD POS for Magento

To think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted.

Hmm.. interesting, but also nearly completely off topic for me. The problem lies completely in the software. Micros print subsystem is stripping out NUL characters. This is why in 9700 they provided a @NUL system variable; to prevent the NUL from getting stripped out.

I'm hoping someone knows how to maintain the NUL in 3700 as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back