Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silly Question Regarding PC Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2002
CA
Hello,

I realize PC anywhere is a dial up. I am considering being set up from home to do some work. Here is my question, is it possible to use PC Anywhere and not have access to the internet ? I do not want access to internet at home for personal reasons.

Appreciate your taking time for this silly LOL(although important to me) question.

Regards,
Debbie

You can definately do that, You will need two copies of PC Anywhere though. They make a host only version that would suit your needs very well. Get a modem that can be dialed into directly at the host site and set up the host only version to answer the phone. Take the full version home and use it to call the other PC and remote control it. PC Anywhere has decent directions that will tell you all of the details.

Debbie,

In simpler words rephrasing 'tobrooksie'Set up your work PC as a pcanywhere host and set it up to wait for a call, you can set users if you want and then set up pcanywhere remote on your computer at home and dial into your computer at work, you do not need the internet to perform this task. However if you need to access the internet at home you can dial into your office pc and go online.

-sibasis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back