Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silly Question - BCM50, 1140E, and alert volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2007
US
This is likely to be a n00b question, but I haven't yet figured it out.

Is it possible to adjust the alert volume of the 1140E? Like, the tone it makes to remind you that you have a call on hold, the tone it makes when you timeout on entering a feature code, the tone it makes when an incoming call has gone to voicemail, the "call waiting" tone it makes (actually I'd like to set this one to play via the handset if possible), etc. They are really, really, loud in a quiet office environment.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Not that I know of, it's not really that loud....you just think it is because probably everyone does not talk etc.

If it's so quite in your office then I would recommend you turn held reminder OFF.
As for timeout on entering a feature just press Release/Goodbye
As for call dropping to voice mail:
To disable the tone
1 Login to your voice mailbox.
2 Press ADMIN or 8.
3 Press GREET or 2.
4 Press CFWD or 3.
5 Press YES or 1 to have your calls go to CallPilot without ringing at your phone or press NO or 2 to have calls ring at your set.
5 Press CHNG or 1 to turn Call Display on or off.
6 Press RLS to end the session.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Whether or not the tones are loud is subjective, and my subjectivity says they are loud. [tongue]

I'm am aware on how to avoid the feature timeout tone...I was just using that as another example of what I was hoping to be able to adjust. [bigsmile]

Bummer the volume cannot be adjusted.

You can reduce the ringing volume simply by pressing the volume down button while the phone is ringing (you must press it while the ring sound is actually on - not during the silence between rings). The phone remembers the ring volume level until it is rebooted.

Also, you can use the Feature *80 to adjust the ring volume (if my memory serves me).

I'm am aware on how to avoid the feature timeout tone.."

We are not aware of what people know or do not know on the forums so please expect time to time that suggestions will be given.

I do not think Feature * 80 works in this case however try and just turn down the volume while the call is on hold.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I believe the phone uses the same transducer to generate the ring tones as well as tones such as the held line reminder, feature timeout etc. So, with a bit of luck, reducing the ring volume could reduce also the volume of these tones. It shouldn't be hard to test if you have a BCM50 with an 1140E handy...

Ring volume does not equate to the other alert tones volume, unfortunately. I have the ringer turned down on the phone in question.

I'll play with it and see if I can catch it mid "hey you still have a call on hold!!" tone and see if pressing the volume controls does anything.

Greetings,

You can actually change the volume of the diffrent tones on the 1140e
and all the phones of the system

Press feature 805
Goto the specific tone you want to change.
In this case speaker test.
While the tone is on press the volume up or down.

Cheers!

SL

Blackybear - That worked! Thanks!!

trmg I think you missed my bit above : try and just turn down the volume while the call is on hold.
No need to wait for the tone.

Just pressing the volume up or down while line was on hold worked (easiest option)
F805/Speaker/Vol worked
F*80 did not work (ring volume only)

Tested on 1140e

Cheers

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

curycord - You're right, I did miss that bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back