Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silly little problems with basic reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2004
US
**I accidentally posted this in 'Forms!' Sorry for any confusion **

Friends,

I am having some odd problems with a very basic A2k report...actually the subreport. I hope these are not FAQs.

On my subreport, when it is displayed on its own, the page headers display. When it's dispayed as a subreport of another report, the page headers go away. What am I missing? I have the subreport in the Report Header section of the Report.

Also, my report prints a blank page. It is currently about 1.5 pages but for some reason page 2 is blank. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks.

--Ace

From Help:
'Microsoft Access doesn't print the page header and footer in a subreport, so if you put the labels for the column headings in the subreport's page header, they won't show up when you print the report.

If a subreport will always fit on one printed page, you can put the labels for the column headings in the subreport's report header.

If a subreport might span several printed pages, put the labels for the column headings in the subreport's group header, and set the RepeatSection property of the group header to Yes.'

Wow...that was easy. Thanks Lupins (Dennis Moore!).

Still wondering why I am printing a blank page. Interestingly, the blank page doesn't seem to count towards the page total as Access sees it: I have three printed pages but the footer still reads 1/2 2/2.

That would suggest to me a mismatch on paper size between the report and the printer; but I'm only guessing.

Well it does the blank page trick like this

Page1 - Page2 - Page3 - Page 4
[DATA] [BLANK] [DATA] [BLANK]
"1 of 2" "2 of 2"

It does it in print preview, too. I am printing to a PDF output. Now, when I remove the subreport, I do indeed get from the report the "section width is greater than page width" warning...so I guess you're on to something.

Thanks. I wonder why it doesn't give me the warning when the sub is in? Well, Access is full of these charming quirks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back