Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silly intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

medina289

Programmer
Jul 5, 2005
PT
Hello.

I'm having troubles accessing my server, even as administrator, trough the window control panel > network > microsoft network > etc. > my server. But when I do Execute > \\server (or \\server from IE) I access the server fine. Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Perhaps you could explain better the troubles you have, such as errors, etc., when you try to access it through the My Networks?

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Is this part of an AD or a workgroup setting?

....you would need a master browser server if you are only a workgroup...

The computers in the "microsoft network" arent being tracked by anyone consistantly... you would only see computers listed if they were chatty

I had this problem before. Check to make sure file and printing sharing for Microsoft Windows is enable for the NIC on the workstations and server. I think this fixed it. Go to install, services and select the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back