Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silent Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Has anyone ever set silent monitoring on this system? I have a customer that wants to be able to monitor calls and then barge in if he needs to.

Silent monitoring is possible using the ChanSpy set of features (ChanSpy - 555 - for random channels, ChanSpy Direct - 779 - for a specific extension, and ChanWhisper Direct - 778 - for a specific extension with the whisper capability).
I am not aware of an option to barge in. Due to that, for example to get his/her supervisor involved in the call, a CC agent has to use the conference feature.

Hey Hawks, actually that can be accomplished with channel whisper for a specific extension as UCXGUY states. Dial 778-system will request password word (default is 1234 ) enter password plus # system will request extension plus #. You are then able to listen to the call and speak with the sip extension without the external party hearing your conversation. Hope this helps you....I performed this in house.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

sorry for the delay, thanks guys I'll give it a try

Hey Hawks, the only drawback with channel whisper is that the party on internal extension can hear through your handset so you must remain silent while listening unless of course you wish to barge in...Channel spy they cannot hear....

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back