Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silent Monitor on 3300MXe

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangodelta

Technical User
Dec 11, 2013
US
ref: thread1329-1556697

Setting up silent monitor seems fairly straight forward. MDC 5.0. Monitoring and monitored extension must have silent monitor enabled in COS.

My question is - if the COS says silent monitor allow=no is there any way around that? If a Dn is being monitored will the display show it? Trying to track down the source of and squelch rumors.

I am new to this system as we are upgrading from a ROLM 9751 which actually was a telephone switch and not an IP appliance that passes voice packets when it feels like it. Rumors are circulating that people could silent monitor on that system which I know is BS.

Thanks in advance for your help/comments.

Without the COS option, no go. Try it, you'll see.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for the answers. FWIW I didn't find significant changes in silent monitor for 6.0.

After more investigation I find the issue to be direct voice calls. I will address that under a different thread.

TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back