Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silent Install of Desktop Messaging Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwartz1

Technical User
Jul 16, 2004
US
We have created a silent install of the client to push out to our customers. With Outlook closed, I have tested this final version on 3 pc's who have a previous version of CP installed. After running the upgrade, when I open Outlook it asks for the CallPilot Mailbox number and Password then asks if I want the msg's delivered to the Outlook inbox or the CP inbox. It appears that it overwriting the existing info on the hard drive. How do we get the upgrade to work without the end users having to re-enter their login info and mailbox preference. Our original silent install forced users to use the CP mailbox and did not provide them an option. This is my biggest hang-up.

Here is the silent install command:

“<DIR>\Setup.exe" S /v"/qb-! REBOOT=ReallySuppress /L*V %WIN%\AppLogs\Nortel_CallPilot_Desktop_Messaging_5.LOG /m setupCP"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back