Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silencing ringers on schedule 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyjones3

Technical User
Oct 1, 2018
US
Hello! We've been using Lucent Partner phones for several years now (Both Partner - 18D & Partner - 34D).

I've failed so far in consulting google on this topic, so I thought I'd ask here!

Is there a way to program the system to silence all of the phone's ringers after business hours?

Thank you, and my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong area.

Grey

Automatically, no. But you can use Night Service to turn the ringers ON and OFF with the Night Service button.

If all calls are answered by an automated attendant instead of a live ring, and it allows for different selector codes in Day and Night mode, AND has a weekly business schedule (Partner Mail or Partner Messaging) the phones can be silent on incoming calls and only ring when the caller selects the extension or department they want - you would change the selector codes to just go to a mailbox afterhours and not let calls ring through to extensions.

Hi Grey,

Just like TouchToneTommy said. You could turn on night service during the day to have all the phones ring and then turn night service off when you do not want the phones to ring. Its night service backwards ....

This is what I have done on my Magix system.

I have some system phones and a 1a2 key system with 5 phone that sits behind the Magix system and I do not want those phones to ring all the time. So I programmed the those extensions to have no ring and then when I do want them to ring I put the system in night service mode and then all the phones ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back