Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silence on transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

telnettech

Vendor
May 5, 2005
US
I have a new problem. When a calling party is transferred to another extension, the caller hears the music on hold while you dial the ext but as soon as you hit the transfer button again to release the call to the new extension, the line goes silence until the called party either answers the call or voicemail. I have the following string in the Asterisk PBX in the extension.conf file:

[macro-stdexten]
exten => s,1,DumpChan
exten => s,2,Dial(${ARG2}&SIP/5${ARG1},20,Ttro)
exten => s,3,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1) ; Jump based on status (NOANSWER,BUSY,CHANUNAVAIL,CONGESTION,ANSWER)

Any help will be appreciated

Brian

To error is human.....if the machine doesnt work, then KICK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i used to have that problem. i had to go in and remove all the mp3 files and audio files used by MOH and reload just the ones i wanted. For some reason the system was tryin to play another file that was corrupt and not the other moh music.

Wm. Reynolds
Premise Communications
Texas Public Safety Solutions

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue

reynolwi,

Thanks for the response but i dont think you understood the question. The music on hold is playing fine like we want. What is not working is when you hit the transfer button a second time to complete the transfer, the calling party doesnt hear ANYTHING. It is complete silence and gives the "impression" that the calling party was hung up on.We would like for them to hear the ringing of the phone upon the completion of the transfer.

thanks,

Thanks for the replies.....Found the trouble as user error. we were trying to do a supervise transfer and therefore the speech path is tore down until the call is answered. We thought the button on the Polycom phone was a blind transfer but it is not.

Once again thanks

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back