Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signon to MSN Messenger with yahoo.com address

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarzanaSaleem

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
PK
I have a Yahoo account having an email address ending with @yahoo.com. I need to use this address to signon to MSN Messenger. When I entered my email address and password, I got the message:
The sign-in name you entered does not exist.

Then I clicked the link:
Don't have a Passport?
Get one here

This link showed an MSN Messenger Registration Site. In the account information portion, I had to type my email address, but the text box was like this:

Email Address: _________________ @hotmail.com

I need to use my @yahoo.com address. How can I accomplish this?

Many thanks.

It worked perfectly.

One more question:
When I signed on to MSN Messenger with @yahoo.com address, a pop-up window appeared as:

You need to verify your email address with MSN Messenger. Click here.

Do I need to perform this step?

I added one contact in my contact list and it was a success.

I found the reason.

When I opened my mailbox, I received a message from Microsoft .NET Passport stating the reason as follows:

Verifying your e-mail address will ensure that we can respond if you contact us about a problem. In addition, some .NET Passport-participating sites may require you to verify your e-mail address to take full advantage of their services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back