Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signoff terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishank

Technical User
Feb 1, 2005
US
Is there a way to send a signoff command to terminals on a AS/400?

If you do a wrksysval at the command line, then look for the following value QINACTITV *SEC Inactive job time-out . You can set this value to auto sign off, and sessions left inactive for a specific number of minutes. We have ours set for 240,, ie after 4 hours of inactivity,, the system signsoff the session.

neuromancer480,

You can also do a ENDSBS QINTER. If your users are in QINTER of course.

HTH,
MdnghtPgmr

Using ENDSBS QINTER would also kill my session. But I think QINACTITV *SEC would be workable.

my only question is. If the user leaves it signed on while in a file. Will it sign off?
Will it close the file properly?

I believe the answer is YES,, after so many minutes on inactivity,, it is toast. There is another system value.
QDSCJOBITV *SYSCTL Time interval before disconnected jobs end, that you need to look at and see what the setting is. Since you are going to force a signoff,, you want to make sure, that any disconnected job ends also.

If you are wanting to sign off individual terminals, you can do a WRKCTJOB, select the job, and select option 4 to terminate. If you want to end the job immediately, you can press F4 and put *IMMED in the "How to End". Otherwise, just press enter, and the session will end as soon as it completes any jobs in process.

Sawedoff

You may also want to set up another subsystem.
Do "wrksbsd newsbs".
"5" to display.
"4" for workstation name entries.
Add your workstation name. You can use a wildcard. i.e. "mysession*".
Set control job at to "*SIGNON".

Then do the same thing for qinter but set the control job at to "*ENTER".

Although I don't recommend ending a sbs you could do that and it wouldn't affect you.

We use an enable/disable program which is atached to each users' profile. When we call the command, every user profile with grpdisable becomes disabled. Then it's just a matter of ending the sessions.

Mark

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.