Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signo out of MSN Messenger 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilippeSignoret

Programmer
May 19, 2001
MX
Is there a way to sign out of MSN Messenger using VB?

Thanks,
Philippe Signoret

Its kind of urgent, a reply is greatly apreciated, even if it says that no, it can't be done.

Thanks all,
Philippe Signoret

Aaaarggh! Please apeople, answer!

Thanks for the third time,
Philippe

Add a reference to the MessengerAPI. After that, the following code should work (note, this may require the latest version of MSN Messenger, 5.0; I haven't been able to testwith any earlier versions). Be aware that this is example code only; there is no error checking to handle, say, the fact that the session may already be signed out:
[tt]
Option Explicit
Private WithEvents MsgrUIA As MessengerAPI.Messenger

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Set MsgrUIA = New Messenger
MsgrUIA.Signout
Set MsgrUIA = Nothing
End Sub

I am having problem with compiling a school project on my home computer. It is running windows XP and I am using Visual Basic 6.0 working edition. When I run it, it gives the following error; Compile Error: Can't find project or library. It throws this error on the LCase function. It worked previously and to my knowledge I haven't made any changes to the references or components. I will just set my startup form to another for now, but I really need to find out what library it is talking about. Thanks for your reply. (yinyang)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back