Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signing code with a digital ID in VB.Net 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrhaynes

Technical User
Oct 27, 2006
US
I have a Verisign Authenticode Digital code signing ID (.spc and .pvk key files) from Verisign which I purchased for $499.00. In VB.NET 2003 I could simply enter these key file path names and the corresponding time stamp URL in the setup project properties dialog and the MSI file is automatically signed when compiled. In VB.NET 2005 I can find no way to use these files! The signing dialog seems to require a .pfx type signing ID or some other ID from the certificate store. I can of course sign the msi file afterward using 'signcode.exe' but this is more work and seems like a big step backward from vb.net 2003. I have tried Verisign Technical support and they simply blew off the question and tried to sell me another code signing ID. Am I missing something here? Does anyone know how to employ the public (spc) and private (pvk) keys in VB.NET 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back