Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signal Tracing 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gosy

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
GB
We have a number of circuits on TLU 74 cards which do not work. We are trying to use the signal trace command to find out what the problem is. We are using STUNI:LIM=2,UNIT=TLP1;
We have read through Dynatext and ALEX and the command description is not at all clear. It says about other commands such as STSII, STDNI, STDIP & STRAP. The STSII command wants LIMR, UNITR and other details. All we want to do is work out why the trunk hardware positions do not work. Please can you advise me how to use this command properly. Thanks in advance.

After typing the STUNI command it gives it a trace number of 1 but trace not started!

Hi Gosy,
these are the commands

1> STISR;
2> STDIP;
3> STUNI:UNIT=xxx,LIM=yy;
xxx IS THE PROGRAM UNIT, ie TLP1,

it should report a trace number i.e. 1

4> STSS:TRI=1,SIZE=250
5> STTSI:TRI=1;

MAKE THE TEST CALL

6> STTSE:TRI=1;
7> STDIP;

YOU SHOULD SEE TRACE 1 HAS A NUMBER OF EVENTS

8> STRAP:TRI=1;

this will print the trace, the hard bit is working out what it all means, but then re-post it here and I'm sure someone may be able to help

HTH

LB

Use the following:
STUNI:LIM=X,UNIT=XXXX; / INIT TRACE/
STTSI:TRI=X; / START TRACE NUMBER/
STTSE:TRI=X; / STOP TRACE NUMBER/
STRAP:TRI=X; / PRINT TRACE /

Note that you a siganl trace interpreter for the unit to "see" the result.

/ Trident/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back