Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens SX66--Pros/cons

Status
Not open for further replies.

lb63640

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
We just got a Siemens SX66 for the president of our company. I'm curious to see opinions from anyone else who has experience with these units.

The design is really elegant, and I like the way the physical keyboard slides out.

The software provided (we use Cingular)leaves a little to be desired. The manuals that came with the unit don't seem to be written for the casual user, and that's already caused a deal of grief for the primary user. On the other hand, I'm from the "I don't need a stinking instruction manual" school, and found the software interfaces to be relatively intuitive.

I have been demoing the same device. They seem to work well. I want to use a device for a mobile admin console thru Avocent and it will not work properly. Now I wait for the HPHW 6515. I liked the buttons on the Treo 650 as far as feel more so then the Sx66. The

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back