Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens ISDX Q931 circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHStel

Technical User
Jan 19, 2023
GB
Hi, Have been trying to connect a V12 DLI to our SIP converter boxes i get one link to work but the other 3 i get a 81u alarm on the DX. I have checked all the Q931 parameters and they are good.
Has anyone had this i was thinking it could be a load bearing problem with the power unit but i have down all the other DLI's and removed them from the shelves and still the same.

Thanks

Suggest maybe try the non working ones on the working sip converter
Also try the Realitis forum forum964

Thanks will try the other forum.
But have tried the non working one on the working still get a 81u so cant see how it would be the carrier as the alarm suggests

Odd so - however as you know there are so many hardware switches on those cards maybe something is amiss.
I'd start with the known working card & converter and substitute as much as you can then to see can you track it down further.
The other forum (Realitis) is a bit quiet but maybe someone will volunteer info.

Type 81 error (URGT)

Type 81 info

A type 81 error is generated if a Q.931 data link (level 2) failure is detected.

VPN ALI fault types

The alarm types 59, 67, 68, 69 and 81 are used to indicate one or more possible fault(s) between the local VPN ALI and the remote VPN ALI or between the TDM bus and associated interfaces located at either node (local or remote) of the associated VPN links.

Possible causes

Q.931 data link failure.

Not much help but that's what the error says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back