Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens Hipath 4000 IP Phones problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolas17

Systems Engineer
Apr 25, 2023
GR
Hello All,

We are a business with a Hipath 4000 system installed. Most of the phones are Voip phones (optiPoint 400 and 410). Since the phones are quite old, most have no readable screen. Hence the only way to reconfigure the devices (change the number or system gateway PEN) is to connect them to the network, find the IP of device, connect using whatever browser we want (all worked), login on the device on port 8085 and make the changes.

For some reason I really cannot understand whenever I try to change anything on the devices I get a "405 Method Not Allowed" error on my browser.

The phones are configured to use DHCP for IP connectivity.

The only change since the last time I had succesfully reconfigured a phone was a big change to our intranet domain, changing its name.

Is anyone encountered a simiral problem or know how to solve the "error 405"

Thank you very much.

P.S.: I have tried all possible browsers from 3 different OSs (XP, Win7, Win8), I use no proxy, and I deleted cookies and temp files

I don't have OP410 right now.
Try connecting to the phone like this
So it is written in the administration manual for OP410.
Do not use the 8085 port.

From memory port 8085 is the HTTP port for administration in case you cannot use HTTPS

Try changing the minimum level of tls in the browser. I had an issue with an Openstage 40 that the browser wouldn't display but when I dropped the tls version it worked. In Firefox, enter about:config in the address bar and accept the warning. Search for tls and find the line that says 'security.tls.version.min', click on the edit icon and change the number to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back