Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens HiPath 3800 E&M trunk vis TMEW2

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkfuture

Technical User
Apr 2, 2014
AE
Dear All,

I'm new to this field and facing problems to connect the E&M trunk, Please go though the detail below and try to help me as much as you:
1- I have Siemens HiPath 3800 with TMEW2 for E&M trunks.
2- the other side they have Selta (Italian).
3- the connection between the two PABX via PLCC through 400KV overhead line.
the connection between two power plant and the PLCC is used for transmitting DATA & Voice.
- we are using E&M type 5 immediate dial DTMF.
we the other side connect there PABX I measured the voltage and I got 33VDC & 0 VDC which I think normal?
in my side I'm measuring 50VDC on E & 32 VDC on M which as what I read it incorrect. the test I did I've seize the trunk and measure the voltage E fixed (50) M changed to 0VDC.
1- now how to confirm which one is M from the both sides?
2- when we try to call after the connection and I'm monitoring the trunk it reach outgoing cal proc.
3- when the remote side trying to call they said they are hearing the ring tone but no phone is ringing in my side.

Sorry for my bad English but I hope I've express the problem in good way.

waiting for your reply
Thank you

You should be able to put your test phone across the e pair and get tones.

Also you should post in the Siemens Hicom forum here not the Realitis as it is a different PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back