Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens HiPath 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacassc

Technical User
Oct 6, 2002
US
Thanks for taking the time,
We are presently in the process of evaluating for purchase (vendor suggested) Siemens HiPATH 3000,requiring a present configuration consisting of 2 cabinets to equal our present usage. Price until more research/input is the only driving force, as Siemens quote is well below Avaya & Nortel
pricing packages.I guess one of my concerns are... we stand in the HiPath's flexibilty for the furture when the HICom line wasn't offered, possibly bringing the quotes closer.
Our present config is:
Analog 304..Digital 80..Co 37..DID 16
I will also post this in the general telephony forum
Again, all comments welcome and Tks

If you are using a system to this sort of size, i would not recommend the Hi-Path. a - If you are doing admin changes yourself, it will be very messy and time consuming, b- the two cabinet quote doesnt seem correct - even if you upgraded to three cabinets, i believe there might still be issues with the amount of timeslots available between cabinets if it is fully used. Also, max capacity for the 3750 will be 3 canbinets, so if you were to expand much further, you would need to upgrade your system again.

It might be worth questioning your dealer about this even more - nd also speaker to other siemens dealers about tthe integrity of this quote.

Tks russell for replying
Our Siemens quote for the 3700 is from the local siemens office here. The cabinets contain a 3 node and a 2 node set up. I also have a concern about the "cor-net" concept of traffic process overflow between cabinets by way of the public netwk as a secondary pathway..seems like a lot of babying or i's(dotted)t's(crossed) to keep it happy
Tkx again 4 your time,JAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back