Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens HG 1500, Hipath 3500, SIP and NAT problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaenpaa

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2009
FI
Hi,

My customer has ordered a solution which includes SIP calls from cell phones. I am trying to help them make it work (I did not sell the solution)

We are testing with Nokia E66.

Hipath 3500 & HG 1500 are inside corporate network (private) sitting behind NAT firewall (Linksys RV042).

So far I have forwarded these ports to HG 1500:

5060 (UDP&TCP)
29100-29159 (UDP)
4711 (TCP)
1720 (TCP)

In the private network the E66 works as expected but outside private network we can call and the phone rings, but as the call is answered there is no sound to either direction.

While the seller is helpful but it seems to me that there is not working setups like these done yet and the knowledge seems a bit thin.

That is why I decided to ask here if using this setup befind NAT is possible and if there are some know problems with Siemens HG 1500.

Thank you for reading this,

Markku

Don't know for Siemens, but I think that you not sending the external ip from the NAT in the SIP Setup but jus the internal. Also try using different Codecs try G.711

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Hi, it is problem with routing for voice packets. The best way is to use VPN connection or set HG to a public IP.
When u do that, you just have to set the lan2 interface and in the local area network put registration for nokia thru lan2 interface. Should work.
bye
Sygi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back