Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens (Bewator) / Model: K42 Door entry system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird Scrambler

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
GB
Hello everyone

I'm not sure if I'm on the right forum, but I'm involved with replacing a Sirmens system and they currently have a Siemens (Bewator) Door entry system. What I would like to know is if the signalling is analogue rather than digital to the phone system. Most of the older door entry systems were analogue and you could reuse the same system on another phone system as long as it supported an ATA device.
Bewator_Door_Entry_phone_1_mmrvyq.jpg

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Please also post on forum965
for a larger Siemens response

The K42 doesn't appear to be an intercom-type system. Looks like more of a locking device. Link
Yours looks similar, but not identical.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Looking at your original question I would say that it is most likely to be an analogue integration.
You should 'go across' the pair coming from the door device and listen using a test telephone/butt set.
If you hear DTMF then it would be an analogue integration.
If you could also trace the cables back to the phone system you could see what interface it is connected to. (Analogue or Digital)

Thanks guys

I was thinking and hoping that this would be an analogue device. I'm guessing that I will have to deal with this when I provide a hosted IP system and try out a ATA to SIP converter.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back