Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens AP1120 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dneis

Technical User
May 8, 2006
EU
Hello,

Does someone already configured an AP1120 on a HiPath 4000.
Do you know which model to use CornetIP or H323. I am nearly sure the H323 cannot be configured on the 4000 and probably the reason why I cannot configured on the 4000... but just in case!

Thx for your help!
Regards,
Denis

yes use the CORNET IP.

I installed over 30 units at a site in March, very time consuming. I have some docs if needed. You may need to upgrade the software on all the units. Verify software version should be 5.0.2.28 or 5.0.2.31. You can get the latest software updates from the WEB site (not SIEMENS) but the manufactors. I also have a caputred SBCSU record if needed. One suggestion is to create 2 numbers pre unit, the READY LED will blink with one station and stay on steady if you have 2.

Thx for these information hotwalker57, so I have to request to Siemens an AP1120 CornetIP, b/c they delivered me a AP1120H323... , So as soon as I have the new box I might requiere some help then :)
Thanks a lot for these usefull information!
Dneis

NO, you can upgrade the software on the units.

This is what worked the best for me at site.

You will need:

Small paper clip!
TFTP server on your laptop – pumpkin is what I used
Ethernet cross-over cable or a hub and two straight Ethernet cables
Unit Manager Express v1_1r1_7
Unit Manager Network v3_2r19_43
MxMibbs_v1.5r3.50.exe

The Recovery mode assigns a static default IP address to the HiPath AP 1120.
1. Power off the HiPath AP 1120 by unplugging the power cord.

2. With a 10/100 Hub and two 10/100 BaseT Ethernet RJ-45 straight cables, connect both cables
to the Hub; one of them is connected into the Network connector of the HiPath AP 1120 and
the other one links the computer to the Hub. I used a cross over cable from my laptop to the AP1120
You must perform the recovery mode in a closed network and perform it on only one HiPath
AP 1120 at a time, since the default IP address is the same on every unit.

3. Reconfigure the IP address of your computer to 192.168.0.10 and enter the Subnet Mask of
255.255.255.0. Restart your computer.

4. Insert a small, unbent paper clip into the Default Settings switch hole located at the rear of the
HiPath AP 1120. While depressing the Default Settings switch, plug the power cord back in to
power up the unit.

Hold the Default Settings switch just a few seconds until all LEDs start blinking. When
releasing the Default Settings switch, only the Power and Ready LEDs should go on blinking
to inform you that the recovery reset has been performed.
In recovery mode, the IP addresses and port numbers are set to their default values in the
MIBs. For instance, the default local IP address is 192.168.0.1.

In this mode, only SNMP can be used to set IP addresses located under the ipAddressConfig
folder in the MIB structure. See the Reference Manual for more details.

5. When the HiPath AP 1120 has finished its provisioning sequence, perform the changes you
want, turn the unit off, plug it on the network, and turn it on again.

This is not quick!

I thought about that but don't want to do it b/c of the warranty, Siemens might refuse b/c we changed the firmware from H323 to CornetIP... But for sure will upgrade to the latest release when we have the CornetIP version!

Thanks again,
Regards,
Dneis

I would love to get some more documentation on how to configure these devices.

Hello dneis

AP 1120 H.323 is very simple to configure, but the mnual is horrible. I can send you an email with screenshot with configuration of AP 1120. Unfortunately I Don't know how to add a jpg file to this post :)
My email is sygi1@wp.pl

greeetings

BTW sorry for my english...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back