Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens 9751 Mod 10 and adding paging to a second floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAHMom

Programmer
Dec 11, 2002
US
We have an antiquated workhorse Siemens 9751 Mod 10 with 3 cabinets at our facility. We having paging throughout our 4th floor office space but we are moving a department down to the first floor and need to install paging for them as well. We want them to hear exactly the same pages since there might be some up and down of various employees.

Can I tap into the existing connections for this new speaker cabling pair, or will I need to set up a new COT and add that to my paging trunk?

Can you Amp hold the exta speakers? If you just need one paging zone then you can add it on but see if your AMP can keep the voume loud enough.
I would get the speakers with the volume controls on them and then you can adjust accordingly.

If you need a paging zone then you will have to set that up ing the dial plan.

You can easily either tap the existing page output from the PBX and run to a second amplifier on 1st floor. This output may need a booster amp, depending on cable type and distance. As DonPorter said, if you need to break into zones, you may need a second page port from PBX OR maybe a zone controller between the existing PBX output and amplifier (depends on whether existing page port will pass DTMF signals). This should not be difficult. Good luck.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back