Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens 3000 Auto-dial 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyset6

Technical User
Sep 7, 2007
US
In a Siemens 3000 I'm trying to have an analog line dial 9 when it goes off hook. No luck with setting a Hotline index to just 9. It seems that only 9 followed by a 10 or 11 digit number set in the Hotline index will go through.

I'll try setting up another access code in the dial plan.

you cant hotline a analogue extension that will allow any other digits to follow.
only way is with LCR but that would be system wide

Would it work if you could hotline it to a speed dial number (which would be 9)

A good idea, but unfortunately the analog speed dial code is *7, and the Destination Call Number field won't allow *, or #.

Yes but you could add another code for that.
Also it is possible to have the full system as a direct line out and they would have to press a key to get internal, dont know if that would suit.
Another option might be to forward another extension to 9 and then hotline to that extension?

Was also considering another code for speed dial, without * or #. Another good suggestion re: Hotline to an ext. forwarded to 9. This is for a fax machine, it's currently on a direct loop start CO and will be connected to the PBX instead. I'm just trying to allow them to use it the way they're used to without entering 9 before number, and not needing to modify auto dials if they have them set up. I may try to get to a Siemens 3000 today and try things you suggested, thanks.

I couldn't get a station to forward to just '9'. What did work, with conditions is: Setting up a new access code in the dial plan that sends digits 00, 00 is what we send for public network call. Since the new access code is a valid dial plan entry, I was able to hotline the analog line to it. When going of hook the access code would acquire a T1 channel and send 00. Digits pressed on the analog phone would then be received on the T1 channel and the call would go through, but: every call must be area code + number. If there are auto dial numbers programmed in the fax with 1+ area code, they'd have to be changed. Probably best just to have the customer know the fax machine will need a 9 before each number, that way they can also call other faxes using tie line numbers with access code 8.

I have found that re-programming all of their fax speed dials to include the 9 helps.
Also if you put a large notice on the fax machine to the effect that they have to dial 9 should work

if you have spare BChannels use one as a new Trunk

Create a new route without "route prefix"
Create a new dial rule in the dial plan using that new route

Put the fax extension in a new COS that allows only that route
this should work ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back