Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siebel EIM vs. Siebel EAI for batch processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

knau

MIS
Mar 24, 2003
US
I hear that the Siebel EIM is geared towards batch processing while Siebel EAI is suited for real-time processing, but it's possible to use Siebel EAI for batch processing.

I'm just wondering what advantages Siebel EIM has compared to Siebel EAI when used for batch processing? Hopefully performance is one of them and if so does anybody know how much faster it is?

thanks

Siebel EIM is much faster, how much is very much dependent on how much processing you'll be doing using Siebel EAI against the size of your batches in EIM. Generally we're talking a factor of 20 to 50 times faster.

EIM is fairly restricted in what you can do. There's little validation and you can end up re-writing validation rules in both eGate and Siebel. It's quick and fast but fairly complex if use the packaged EIM Monk eway.

EAI is over a HTTP connection and can only process one at a time which incurs significant cost in firing up Integration Objects and the like. It's also easier to implement within eGate as the coding effort resides more on the Siebel side.

If there's significant reusable validation rules in Siebel and wither volumes are low OR performance is not important then use Siebel EAI.

I've got plenty of experience in using both forms of data population from the eGate side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back