Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidekick98 not saving changes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryL2

Technical User
Dec 4, 2004
US
I reinstalled windows 10 and installed Sidekick98, but it only works as follows:

Open sidekick
click on next
click on next
click on cancel (then program opens up, but now it's now saving changes)

I'm not sure how to install the sidekickpatch.exe (version 1.00.037)

I'm ok with this not opening correctly, but would like to have it work right.

Thanks for your help!

JerryL2, some of the "tricks" I learnt over the years from contributers to this site Windows 7, 8 and 10 flavours..
I've through this help got the original version running 97 without problems thru to 10 Pro.

IMPORTANT!: Sidekick 98 setup.exe has to be "Run as Administrator" to install correctly.
Also Sidekick 98 run under compatibilty mode XP, SP3 or similar

install the software to c:\Sidekick\Sidekick98. Do not let windows choose location or use Starfish.
Once installed replace sidekick.exe by the patched sidekick.exe file and yintll.dll into main folder one at a time.

Also disabling anti virus during loading has been recommended , and Chrome and Opera closed while installing.

A specific entry in the previous help files on this site is a must to read from Rich224422 of 15th Jan 2020 and a link within this to James33
Also view James33 "conversation" with Rich224422 of the 18th December 2019 / Forum. It is their exchange of info leading to 15th Jan version and informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back