Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Sidekick95" v2.0 CAN I GET A COPY PLEASE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMTHVIC1

Technical User
Apr 7, 2003
US
Does anyone know how I can get a new copy of the install program?
"SIDEKICK 95" v2.0

THANK'S FOR ANY & ALL HELP! SMTHVIC1

Dear SMTHVIC1,
Have you tried Ebay?
I did answer this question in the other thread and the possibility that if you had had a registered copy of it once (Sidekick95) that you could download a copy of Sidekick98 instead.
Do you particularly want a copy of 95/2.0 ?
Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Dear SMTHVIC1,
Here is the download site but you need your password for Sidekick 2.0

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

SMTHVIC1 send a message to webmaster@indocomlimited.com so that i can get your email address and i will email you a copy of SK95 V2.0

Dear All,
Sidekick 95 /SKW2 is available, and the address is on:
faq807-3760

Regards Jim

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It would appear to have Vanished without trace and clicking on the link gives you the impression there are NO FAQs, Which of course is completely untrue so use this link:
Faq807-3761

Regards Jim

I have a copy of sidekick 98 which I liked better than previous versions

I have the original disk for Sidekick 2.0, which is not the same as Sidekick 95. I also have Sidekick 98 but I keep using 2.0 due to its simplicity (the later versions did not seem to have any significant improvement over 2.0). Moreover, the one feature I really liked in 2.0 was QuickMenu where you can launch Sidekick features from any open Windows program (a small icon appears on the title bar of any opened windows). This feature was dropped from versions later than 2.0.

Will Sk98 work with XP ? I have a regestered copy of SK95 now that will not work with XP Vic.

Dear Vicsvw,
The answer is definitely YES so get the download site address from:
faq807-3761
and see the other FAQs for advice on XP installation
Good luck
and

Regards Jim

All I get is File not found when I go to the above link for downloading SK98. Am I doing somthing wrong. ?? Vic

Dear Vic,
Sorry about that, I got an apology from them (250Free)for cutting of the website as I had already paid the Extra Bandwidth and Site fees by Paypal on the 10th December.
Plus as a 'sorry' they gave me a couple of weeks extra (wow)!
It should be alright now as I have checked all the downloads and the Patch download too.
Make sure you download and install that too, and FOLLOW the instructions, or you will have problems.
Good luck
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back