Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidekick won't load if Chrome is running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanetek

Technical User
Jun 9, 2009
US
I'm running SK98 on Win 7 32. I have recently found the SK won't load if Chrome is running. When I shut down chrome temporarily then SK opens. Then I can go back and reopen chrome. Any thoughts or ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Dear Shanetek,

That's the way it is I am afraid, I find that Skype interferes with Sidekick the same way, although it just delays the opening most of the time and it is probably just a case of 2 programs trying to get at the same resources!

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Shanetek
I am using the Chrome browser as I post and have opened SK98 repeatedly with no problem. I also opened Skype and then reopened SK98 with no problem. My OS is Win7 64 bit. Just tho't you would want to know it works on my system. Would the 32 bit OS be part of the problem? Are you using SK98?

Dear WDane,
I'm on Vista and the situation I am describing is related to that and Sidekick98 and Internet Sidekick so I am not sure one way or the other about the 32 - 64 bit situation on Windows 7 so if anyone has any ideas would they post them here!
I have found an improvement lately, which may be down to an update of Skype or Chrome or Windows!
Anyway, Sidekick98 works on Wine on Linux!
I wonder if Ctrl+D and the other keyboard shortcuts work in that situation too...
I think I might install Ubuntu on my laptop and try it out!!!!

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back