Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidekick/Palm Synch

Status
Not open for further replies.

donshain

Technical User
Jan 12, 2003
ES
Can anyone tell me how to synchronize TWO *.skcard databases to a Palm Vx so that both are on the Palm at the same time?
At present I get one or the other.
Thanks
Don

Dear donshain,
Maybe, I am late
I am using sidekick98 and I have PalmV. you don't use two addressbooks in Palm, maybe you can find differrent addressbook plus in handgear.com.
I am merging the addressbooks in sidekick after sync to Palm.
But I am using category name (Ex. Customer, Quicklist, business, Personel) Maybe you can use like me.

Ragards,
Tansu

Dear donshain,
Tansu is right, if you create a Field in all your address books (Cardfiles) called Category and when you add that fieldname call it
Category:*
Where the star is the name of that particular Cardfile, Then, any cards you add via the Add Card dialogue will have the value entered already, the value being whatever you put in place of the * after the : (colon)in the Fieldname.
(see default value in Sidekick Help | Index)
If you merge the separate Cardfiles in Sidekick (before you sync) (Matching up the Category Field in the Dialogue) then you can see on the Palm which Cardfile/Address book they belong to.
The only problem being, that if you add a card on your Palm you have to remember to put the relevant value in the Category Field.

HTH Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back