Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidekick 99 Runtime Error! Help!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakl7447

MIS
Jun 22, 2004
AU
I have installed Sidekick 99 onto my PC with Windows XP. When I transfer old usedata files onto new destination folder and start Sidekick I get this message:

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library (across the top of error message)

Rutime error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Starfish\Sidekick 99\Program\Sidekick.exe

Abnormal Program Termination

If I uninstall Sidekick and reinstall it works however when I cut and paste my old data files into the new directory and open up I get this message I also get the message when I close the program. Occasionally it will freeze at the Sidekick Opening Window.

Dear jakl7447,
It looks like your files are Read-only, open the folder they are in and select All the data files (especially the Calendar files) and then Right-click and go to properties and untick the READ-ONLY box.
Let us know how that works(or not)

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

was there a previos installation??
try a reinstall, but remove all referances to sk in the regestry and delete all files thant has to do with sidekick and starfish.
that is after you do remove program from the controll panel.
i hope this works.
or try sk99 that is what i am using, but i still had to do a complete unistall

lol

frank

sorry, i see you are using 99 already.
try and see what happens

frank

Hi, guys. Thanks very much for your support. I tried the uninstall and delete process and the read only. What I ended up doing was down loading the Sidekick 98 and installing it and transfered over the files and Presto, it all worked. Guess what???? Then I opened up SK99 and it worked like a charm. So I have no explaination here. All I know is that it is now all working and I appreciate having this site to refer to.

Thanks alot and keep up the great support. There is no other program like sidekick as I make international phone calls daily and the Earth Time Zone is crucial to my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back