Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidekick 98 supported by open source community 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCALAK

Technical User
Feb 16, 2002
US

Is or could Sidekick 98 be supported by the open source community?

Dear BCALAK,

Presumably we are the Open Source community!

Have you read the very long discussion in
thread807-1089796

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort!

Thanks, Jim. I been watching this forum for years and have gotten some good problem solving suggestions from it.

I was under the impression that the "open source community" was "officially" activated when a software company donated the source code. Also that you'd start to see new releases and upgrades similar to some of the Mozilla products. Probably just a matter of interpretation.

Keep up the good work. I haven't found a desirable alternative to Sidekick 98.

Dear BCALAK,

I was being a bit tongue in cheek when I said that, you are right in your interpretation, but there is little chance of the code being released as some of it is probaby what the synchronising element that is used in mobile phones is based on.

Regards
Jim

Thanks for the Star!

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back