Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sidekick 98 print lables crash win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gzr

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2006
US
Sidekick 98 seems to work on windows 7 64 bit until I try to print labels or envelopes. When I click on file/print/labels, I immediately get the dialog box that sidekick 98 has stopped working and the programs exits. I can print cardfiles ok. Any help would be appretiated. (also suggestions of what program to import the label data into to print Avery labels..I do not have Outlook!.. in case I can not get it to work)

Dear Gzr,
You can import the labels but only one at a time into Word by copying and pasting them!
Try moving skwlb2.skw and the skwlb2.bak which is in the C:\Starfish\Sidekick 98\data folder(well that is where it is on mine) move them to the desktop and delete if the following works:
Do that while sidekick is not open and then when you open it it will create a new one.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Dear Gzr,

Did you ever fix the problem?
I believe that if you delete the file
skwlb2.skw
Which is in the Folder:
Starfish\Sidekick 98\data
Whilst Sidekick is not running of course!
Sidekick will re-create it when it starts, but you will have to re-do 'All' your labels again.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back