Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SideKick 98 Loaded Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonarchOne

Technical User
Nov 13, 2013
US
I was able to load SideKick 98 on my Window 8 C drive using the MS compatability program. So, far I've been able to load Contacts files and Memo notes. I have been collecting data since the very first version back in Window 3 days thru XP pro to Windows 8, now. I haven't found any incompatibles yet but I am still checking. The Calendar program was slightly crippled in XP and I may find same or worst here when I finish loading everything.

I got Sidekick loaded. It opens/closes. BUT, the data is screwy and I can't enter new info and save it...and keep it. At least some of what I enter disappears...it reverts back to what was there before. Some of the cards merge/mix/jumble with other cards. The card titles do too. Any suggestions? Can't use it this way. Thanks. SAK

Dear Sakittay

Did you back up your Data to a CD or dvd, if so, you need to make the files able to be written to and for that you need to find the files in Windows Explorer, select them and then right click on them and go to properties and untick the box that says ReadOnly.

Check that out and get back to us.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back