Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidekick 98 Contacts - Index View

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjo1966

Technical User
May 11, 2003
US
When in Contacts - Index View, I only see the list of names on the far left hand side. I do not see any other information for whatever name is highlighted. It looks like the name field extends off-screen to the right and there does not appear to be any way to drag it back. Has anyone else experienced this or have a suggestion?

Dear pjo1966,

I would hazard a guess that a re-einstallation of Sidekick may solve the problem, but do remember to back up all your Data first.
I would suggest copying the entire Starfish|Sidekick98 folder to another location first and then you can always put back any Label contents or Envelope Address templates or whatever else you have amassed including expense files or reports etc.

See faq807-2966
especially: Q02 Backing up and Restoring user data in Sidekick 98

and faq807-3000 too

and as I always suggest, save them (the 2 FAQs) for viewing offline.
They contain lots of valuable information.

If the above procedure doesn't work then Post back and we can go from there.
All the graphic interfaces of your other programs work OK do they?
What operating system are you using?
HTH

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Dear pjo1966,
Did you ever get this problem fixed as there is a new Post
thread807-720094
about the same thing and I was wondering if you could help?

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Dear pjo1966,
I have been able to reproduce a similar situation with a QuickRes program (It alters the resolution on the fly(immediately))
If I Increase the resolution and then decrease the resolution I get left with the Window going off screen to the right.

But if I press Alt or Right-Click on the title bar it reverts back to normal...
Don't know if this helps but if it is a resolution problem maybe combined with a problem with your monitor who knows?
You can get the program I am using which is called WIRM (Window Icon and Resolution manager) it is available at this site.

It will allow you to change the resolution and check whether the Card Contents can be expanded again.

Regards Jim

Thanks for your replies. I fixed this problem a while ago... in fact it was so long ago I don't recall the fix.

Dear pjo1966,
Thanks for replying, shame you don't remember, however just in case you do wake up in the middle of the night with the answer (you aren't the only one who had the problem) please post here (when you have the time) and I will leave the thread marked...

Regards Jim

Dear All,
and anyone else having similar problems,
See the following thread for the answer to a similar problem by clicking on the link:

Thread807-720094

Regards Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back