Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Side Tab Navigation on DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

airbus2

Technical User
Apr 16, 2008
US
I have seen db's that have tree like sidebar navigation buttons on the left side of page that also displays subnavigation options. The main box to the right shows the results of the sected button. Like what you would find on a web page. I have been searching for info on how to construct this style of "main page" on my db however with little luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Using Access 2007

Build a navigation subform. If you want to have to have an expandable/collapsible tree then use a treeview control. Put this on the main form. Put another "display" subform on the main form that takes up the majority of the main form. Now change the source object of the display subform based on the selection of the menu choice.

you may want to also look into pop up menus. See demo:

Both tree views and pop up menus require somewhat involved code. If you do not need it to expand or collapse you could simply build your navigation control out of labels.

Main Form
__________________ __________________________________
Nav Sub Form | Display subform
Menu Label One |
Sub Label One |
Sub Label Two |
Men Label Three |
Menu Label Four |
Sub Label three |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search