Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SI7 Cannot connect to APS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorrob

Programmer
Apr 30, 2004
US
I get the following error when I try to login to Info Desktop. This error occurs on several machines. The same login accounts are able to connect on other machines. Makes me think the problem is machine specific, but not sure what to look for.

Error:
Connection to APS 'rptsvr' failed!
Make sure the Sentinel and APS are both active,
and the Sentinel is using the correct network protocol.

Is the Info Agent running on the computer where the Info Desktop is located? It should be available on the Seagate Info menu. If so, then try running it manually from there. If nothing appears in the system tray, you might have to check in the services for it.

-Dell

Both Info Agent and Info Sentinel are running as services under an admin account.

When I double click on the sentinel icon on machines that can connect, I notice a set of red () to the left of TCP/IP and an IP address to the right. The machines that do not connect do not have this. Any ideas?

Can you ping the IP address from the computers that can't connect?

Also, go into the Info Configuration Manager on the computers that can't connect and make sure that TCP/IP is checked.

-Dell

I am able to ping ok. TCP/IP was checked. I tried unchecking and rechecking. I also tried NetBEUI. No luck. When I select "APS List" from the File menu in Info Desktop, it is blank. I tried adding the APS server to the list and connecting. The connection fails as before and the APS list is blank again. Any ideas at all are appreciated. I am out of ideas.

Well, I finally got it to work. I uninstalled everything. Manually removed all related folders and registry entries and reinstalled. Works like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back