Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shuttle AN35N/Ultra bios updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thesuperiorone

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
US
I have a Shuttle AN35N/Ultra mobo, and a Sempron 2500+. Unfortunately, the bios requires updating before it will correctly recoginze the processor. The manual and the website are of no use to help, and I am getting desperate here. Can anyone help?

Thakns!

Chris

So the Shuttle doesn't start at all? Install an older processor (Athlon XP), update the BIOS, reinstall the Sempron.
It's always a good idea to buy a cpu compatible to the mobo ;-)

----------------------------------------

Everybody has the right to be stupid -- but some people abuse the privilege. (a quote from Stalin - and I am one of the abusers, sometimes...)
----------------------------------------
Experienced in the IT-chaos since 1984...

IT recgonized the chip as an athlon 1050mhz, and would run accordingly. SLOW! In the end , I had to make a boot disk and download some Award flash utility and the bios update. Booted to the floppy and ran the program, it worked. What blew my mind was Shuttles site and the manual. NO instructions on flashing the bios. HAd to google search it, and go through 3 third-party sites before I was re-directed to directions deeply imbedded in shuttles site. Oh- and Shuttles site lists my chip as compatible :p

THanks a lot :)

Chris

sounds like standard operating procedure to me.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back