Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shutting off BO Message Prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

binboy77

MIS
Oct 20, 2002
IN
I am using a BO report which has a VBA data provider. This builds SQL dynamically based on the table and other selections that the user makes in the VB form. Due to this, BO always shows a message at the end of document refresh :

"Modified Data Provider. The data provider now contains additional columns of data. You cannot simply add these to the current document as doing so would damage the formats you have applied."

It then give the option to :
"Leave the current report as it is" or
"Display the new data in a new Report".

I always use the first option i.e. "Leave the current report as it is". But i want this to be my default all the time and that BO should not pop up such a message all the time. This is essential as i need to schedule my report to Broadcast Agent.

Please do let me know how this can be achieved?

Thanks much

Bin

One option to shun the messages shown by BO is to use SDK...
Set

Code:
Application.Interactive = False

The above statement when executed will stop the User Interaction with BO... You could call that statement at appropriate place... So any message boxes, prompts etc will not be shown... Now after finishing the tasks make sure you set that to True...

Sri

Thanks Sri,
We are not having the license for SDK. But this is working with the VBA too. But my issue is that i get the message after all the VBA code has been executed and BO is trying to display the data. So as you suggested, i can not turn interactive off and then turn it on again.
I tried turning it 'off', it worked fine, but then it also turns off all other messages and i don't have a point in my VBA code where i can turn it back to 'on'.
Is there any option that allows us to specifically deal with the different BO interactive messages so that I can target the one thats causing me the problem.

Thanks much

Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back