Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shutdown problems with Win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairyspider

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
GB
Every time I shutdown my computer, I go to start, shudown, OK,then the background dissapears. Until now, everything is normal. Then I get a blue screen telling me that Error 0000:00007B39 has been found.
What is this error and how can I repair it?
I run a Norton virus scan every day, and so far as finished clean.I defrag regularly, and try to delete Temp files and cookies as often as possible.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Hairyspider

no idea what the error is, possibly the rundll.exe like mine was but if you use this in a shortcut on the desktop it preforms a so called hard shutdown
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL.EXE USER.EXE,EXITWINDOWS
and you can use this for restart
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL.EXE user.exe,exitwindowsexec

You could, of course, look for the previous posts about shutdown problems, look for the FAQ, or do a google search.
Any of which will save a lot of people posting with probable wasted efforts since there are so many possible causes.

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back