Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shutdown problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

teds

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2000
US
when Windows 2000 is shutting down, there is an error message
driver_power_state_failure with a STOP 0X000009F. I have uninstalled the anti-virus
and a network printer, but the error persists. Any ideas as to how to get rid of it?
Thanks

hi,
do you have drivers installed for the UPS in your PC...??? and if yes, are they installed properly... ?? i cant think of any other possible cause...
mail me if you fixed it ..;-)
thanks,
sgopinath.

I had a similiar problem with an upgrade to Win2K from NT4. After quite a bit of troubleshooting it was found that my PCMCIA modem card did not handle the shutdown request very well .... in fact the drivers were still NT4 drivers. The error message you have received is a generic message just stating that some driver is not handling the power down request. If you have a similar situation (laptop, PCMICA cards) I would suggest unistalling the device from the "Device Manager" and then letting Win2K detect them and install the drivers.

I have had the same problem. It turns out that the seagate backup exec ver 4 that I was sent with my win2k machine is not compatible with win2k. see this link: This problem is a bear to troubleshoot. I had to do a second install of win2k and keep adding programs till I got the problem back!

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back